6-day Changsha Zhangjiajie Tour
Tour Code: ZTG-L-19 , Tour Type: Private Tour
Explore Changsha and Zhangjiajie with a Knowledgeable Local Guide! You'll see most of top attractions including Yuelu Academy, Orange Isle, Changsha Bamboo Slips Museum, Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge, Tianmen Mountain... This tour package itinerary can be customized as per traveler needs and requirements.
- Departure: Any day you want
- Reply: Within 0.5~23.5 hrs.
Our Advantages & Promise
- One-on-one travel consultant service.
- Flexible time schedule to suit your pace.
- Selected and trained guides.
- Western style service standard
DAY 1 Changsha
Transfer via: flight/train – your arrangement
Activities for today: airport transfer (Changsha)
Today, our guide will hold a sign of our logo "Zhangjiajie Tour Guide + your name" to greet you at Changsha Huanghua International Airport or Changsha South Train Station.
DAY 2 Changsha
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Yuelu Mountain, Yuelu Academy, Aiwan Pavilion, Orange Isle
Drive to visit Yuelu Mountain, which means the foot of Mt. Hengshan (Southern Mountain), is located on the west bank of Xiangjiang River and lies in the west of Changsha city. It's a highly reputable scenic area in Hunan Province, an area that enables you to have a much clearer understanding of Changsha city once you have paid a visit to the mountain. You will visit some of the important scenic spots including Yuelu Academy and Aiwan Pavilion.
Afternoon, have a visit on Orange Isle. The isle is the place where the ancient people appreciated "Snow by River at Dusk"– one of the eight scenic spots "Eight Grand Sights in Hunan". Since ancient times, Orange Island has been known as the producer of high-quality oranges. The main tourist attractions in the park include the Poem Tablet, Ode to Oranges Pavilion, a square of sculptures named "Who Dominates the Rise and Fall", The Statue of Chairman Mao Zedong, Asking- Heaven Platform, 100 Meter Fountain, and the Fireworks Square etc.Yuelu AcademyAiwan PavilionOrange Isle Changsha
DAY 3 Changsha/Zhangjiajie
Transfer via: high-speed train - our arrangement
Activities for today: Hunan Provincial Museum, Changsha Bamboo Slips Museum, High-speed train to Zhangjiajie
Visit Hunan Provincial Museum, which has gathered together most curios unearthed in Hunan Province, unfolding the cultural development of Hunan Province throughout thousands of years.
Next visit Changsha Bamboo Slips Museum (Changsha Jiandu Museum). It is currently the world's only modern thematic museum which collects, protects, repairs, researches and exhibits bamboo slips (Jiandu) Ancient Chinese wrote on either wood tablets or bamboo slips, and paper only began to be used in the late Eastern Han Period (25AD-220 AD).
After sightseeing, take the afternoon high-speed train to Zhangjiajie (about 3 hours). On arrival, be met and transferred to your hotel.
Hunan Provincial Museum is closed on Tuesday, Changsha Bamboo Slips Museum is closed on Wednesday.Hunan Provincial MuseumHunan Provincial MuseumChangsha Bamboo Slips Museum
DAY 4 Zhangjiajie
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Yellow Stone Village, Golden Whip Stream
After breakfast, drive to Zhangjiajie National Forest Park. Take the cable car up to the Yellow Stone Village to enjoy 2-hour walking in the awesome mountain. Afternoon proceed to explore the Golden Whip Stream. This charming valley is most likely to bring you into the Pandora's wonderland of the movie Avatar. You will have a leisure hiking about 2.5 hours along the stream. It is leisure and comfortable to walk through the stream, especially hot summer.Yellow Stone VillageYellow Stone VillageGolden Whip Stream Zhangjiajie
DAY 5 Zhangjiajie
Transfer via: private vehicle
Today visit Zhangjiajie National Forest Park. We will ascend the Yuanjiajie Mountain by Bailong Elevator - a glass elevator built into the side of the mountain. On the summit, take about 2.5 hours to discover the Pillar of the Southern Sky. It was used to inspiration for the famous "Hallelujah Mountains" in Blockbuster's movie, Avatar. Move to the Platform of Forgetfulness to enjoy the nearby peak views and then walk across the No. 1 Bridge under Heaven. After lunch, climb up the beautiful Tianzi Mountain Nature Reserve to visit Helong Park, West Sea Scenic Area and some other sights. Later, take the cable car down the mountain to enjoy a walk along the picturesque Ten-mile Natural Gallery (mini-train is optional, round trip RMB 76/pp).Yuanjiajie MountainTianzi MountainTen-mile Natural Gallery
DAY 6 Zhangjiajie/Exit
Transfer via: flight – your arrangement
After breakfast, enjoy a wonderful cruise in the beautiful Baofeng Lake. Then take the world's longest cable car up to the summit of the Tianmen Mountain. On the summit, you will take a hike (approximately 2 hours) on the plank road along the Guigu Cliffs. During the hiking, you can choose to experience the glass skywalk built along the cliff with an extra expense (RMB5/pp). After the hiking, you will pay a visit to the Tiammen Temple and take the cable cars to the middle station. Later, take a bus along the Tongtian Avenue (a famous mountain-winding highway in the world) to explore the Tianmen Gate. Drop off at Zhangjiajie Hehua International Airport.Baofeng LakeTianmen Mountain Glass WalkwayTianmen Mountain
Price Details & Inclusions of this Trip
- Entrance fees:
- To scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. "B" stands for Chinese or western breakfast at your hotel. "L" for Chinese Lunch at local Chinese restaurant. "D" for Chinese dinner at local Chinese restaurant. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Zhangjiajie by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- As outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Service includes standard rooms for your tour group.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes.
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry / Exit Airfare or train tickets..
- Visa Fees; Trip Insurance; Credit Card Processing Fee;.
- Excess Baggage Charges:
- For checked luggage: Adult and children are entitled to a free checked baggage allowance in economy class of 20kg / 44. The size limit for each piece is 40x60x 100cmor 15.7x 23.6x 39.4 inches. For carry-on luggage: each economy class passenger is allowed one piece of 5kg / 11 lbs. The size limit for each piece is 20 x 40 x 55cm or 7.8 x 15.7 x 21.6 inches.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities and sightseeing.
- Any meals which are not specified with "B", "L" or "D".
- Gratuities to guides or drivers.