Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge Will Open To Visitors
The world's longest and highest glass bridge will open to visitors Saturday in Zhangjiajie, Hunan Province, central China, the management committee said.
The 430-meter long, 6-meter wide bridge, paved with 99 panes of three-layer transparent glasses, hangs between two steep cliffs 300 meters above the ground.
The bridge has set 10 world records spanning its design and construction, according to the committee.
A maximum of 8,000 visitors are allowed to cross the bridge every day and a reservation must be made one day prior to visiting.
Construction was completed in December. In July, a 2-tonne truck was driven across in a show of the bridge's sturdiness.
The unique pillar-like mountain formation in Zhangjiajie appeared in the Hollywood blockbuster movie "Avatar." The Grand Canyon Scenic Area in Zhangjiajie welcomed more than 1.2 million visitors from home and abroad in 2015.Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, central China's Hunan Province. Final acceptance check of the 430-meter-long, 6-meter-wide glass bridge is expected to be completed this week.
An aerial photo taken on May 17, 2016 shows the construction site of a glass bridge at the Grand Canyon of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, central China's Hunan Province. The 430-meter-long, 6-meter-wide bridge is expected to be put into a trial operation in May. The structure has undergone nearly 100 safety tests to ensure that it can support the weight of 800 people. (Xinhua/Long Hongtao)
Photo taken on July 29, 2016 shows the glass bridge at the Grand Canyon of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, central China's Hunan Province. Final acceptance check of the 430-meter-long, 6-meter-wide glass bridge is expected to be completed this week. (Xinhua/Long Hongtao)
- Yellow Stone Village Closed
- Direct Flight Links Zhangjiajie with Hanoi
- Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge Will Open To Visitors
- Zhangjiajia Wulingyuan Glass Bridge is Set to Open in May
- France 5 Shot A Documentary in Zhangjiajie
- Flight from Wuhan to Zhangjiajie Open
- Flight to Zhangjiajie from Guilin Goes into Operation
- Take Direct Flight to Zhangjiajie can Enjoy Tourism Preferential Policy
- Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon Glass Bridge will Complete in This Summer
- Zhangjiajie Listed in World's Top Ten "Quiet Beauty Forest"
- Zhangjiajie Huanglong Cave Scenic VIP Service was Officially Launched
- Top 8 China Cities for Spring Travel
- Huanglong Cave Spring Tour
- Top Ten Beautiful Scenery in Zhangjiajie
- Ink and Wash Zhangjiajie Art Exhibition
- Shanghai Top Ten Must Go Small Tourist Attractions
- China's Top 10 Major Tourist Attractions for Boudoir Honey
- China's Best Tourist Destinations Recommended in January, 2015
- First Winter Snow in Zhangjiajie
- China's Top Ten Most Beautiful Winter Tourist Destinations